Monday, 28 November 2011

Sense of Space: Update

Plans have changed concerning the Sense of Space project: The original idea which I had has not so much been ditched but put on the back burner (I may use it for another audio project I have lined up). Since I have had a meeting with my partner for this project we have decided to go for a more brief fitting idea; to properly convey sounds that are heard in a particular space (which my initial idea didn't fit). We considered trying to illustrate the metaphorical space in someones head which could be made up of the thoughts that a person has had or experiences they've undergone throughout the day, the only problem is that it would have been very disjointed if it wasn't executed properly.

Another idea we came up with while listening to the empty corridors of the university we wondered what a place would sound like after it had closed down for the night, with just the air conditioning to listen to.

However we've since opted to do the sounds of a pub, as there are a lot of sounds that can be heard in this particular area, such as people talking, drinks being poured, music playing, slot machines etc. We're still planning how this will be executed but I believe we will be able to pull it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment