Monday, 6 February 2012

Garageband test

Recently we were introduced to a sound design software called 'Garageband', which can be used to make MIDI files and foley sound effects either not captured on camera or that need to be recaptured for quality reasons. We were given the task of rescoring one of the scenes we had been provided with, I personally chose a scene from the 2002 remake of 'Solaris' as although space is a soundless vacuum I like it because it can be interpreted in a variety of ways sound wise (such as the ballet music from “2001: A Space Odyssey” or the “Hollywood” interpretation a la “Star Wars”). I opted for a dark, errie and mysterious feel reminiscent of the later scenes in "2001" and in that respect I think it works well, having not seen the film prior (I have since seen the scene in its original form and at the risk of sounding arrogant I think my version is superior, considering what I was given to work with).

No comments:

Post a Comment