Thursday, 15 December 2011

Skills presented, project still to do

Yesterday we presented our Audio Skills project and I have to admit I don't think it went as well as it could have, for one the sound effects in retrospective didn't sound close to what they were supposed to sound like and although they sounded okay in the edit when heard through headphones, when heard through speakers they don't always sound as good. While I think the sounds could work in a film that was intentionally bad I don't think it is convincing enough to be taken seriously as what we aspired to, perhaps our ambitions were set unrealistically high for what was achievable with the available resources.

But as stated before I do think that the Sense of Space project is stronger than the skills exercise as in my opinion it is a unique take on the idea of a sense of space and will hopefully stand out from the other projects (just hope no one has done the same as us).

I think the recordings to say they were recorded very quickly are high quality and the mixing fits with the "interviews" and it captures the almost docudrama feel we were going for. There are problems however; the gun sound effect doesn't really sound like one (although this could leave it open to audience interpretation of what the event was, like it could have been someone being hit by a car) and I also wish that we could have interviewed more "people", although it may have put a strain on the time limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment