Thursday, 10 May 2012

Editing screenshots

Here are some more screenshots of the editing process. I've successfully compiled a rough cut together, however it's WAY over time, currently running at about 7 minutes long. Whilst I have started to cut it back the director (who was absent) needs to view the rough edit before I can do anything too drastic that removes meaning from the story. I need to get the fine cut finished today so that the sound designer can work on the soundtrack.





2 comments:

  1. "the director (who was absent)" - I think a funeral is quite excuse enough to be absent. It isn't you who's spent the past 2 weeks working early morning until extremely late night every single day to get this project together, while dealing directly with a very laid back crew who don't see last minute as a problem, on top of the stress of losing a loved one. You've worked hard on the editing of this project and I appreciate it, but perhaps point your complaints where they're deserved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry if my comment offended you, I assure you it wasn't my intention to have a go at you for not being there, I know this project has been VERY stressful for you and it must have been horrible for you to lose someone close to you at this time. I was only illustrating the circumstances I had to edit with, perhaps I shouldn't have been as blunt and given a reason. Again I'm sorry if I came across as provocative, I was just as annoyed about the lack of urgency as you were, without footage I couldn't do my job, I also know that despite me going into the edit suite all week for 8 hours that you worked infinitely harder than me just to keep the project moving.

      Again I apologise if I offended you.
      No hard feelings.

      Delete